POSITION: Managing Clerk
LOCATION: New York, NY
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Competitive base salary up to $180,000, Bonus, Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, generous vacation and sick/personal days, paid holidays, 401K, and more!
ORGANIZATION: Boutique Law Firm
SUMMARY: A prestigious public interest law firm is seeking a Managing Clerk to supervise and develop a small team of docketing clerks. This person will also play a key role in advising attorneys on state and federal court rules, oversee and execute court filings, and maintain the firm’s docketing systems.
- Provide on-going training and development to docketing clerks.
- Manage and make recommendations for improvements to the firm’s docketing and case management software.
- Oversee electronic and hardcopy court filings for the firm.
- Manage the firm library and industry specific subscriptions.
- Evaluate practice group short and long term goals and make recommendations for improvements to processes and procedures that will support the firm in delivering exceptional work to clients.
- 10+ years of experience working in a law firm Clerk’s Office, specifically responding to inquiries about court rulings and filings.
- Knowledge of docketing and filing technology and software, preferably CourtAlert, Westlaw and Bloomberg law
- Familiarity with Uniform Civil Rules, CPLR, FRCP and FRAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel