TAX PARALEGAL (M&A)
ORGANIZATION: Top-Tier National Law Firm
LOCATIONS: San Francisco, CA | Seattle, WA | Portland, OR
BENEFITS: Base salary up to $168K (depending on years of relevant experience), generous paid overtime, full medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(K) with employer match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid Time Off and Bonus!
SUMMARY: A top-tier national law firm is seeking an experienced corporate paralegal who is a team player and eager to take an active role supporting the firm's corporate and tax departments. There is a strong preference for candidates with demonstrated experience handling mid-market M&A transactions.
- Assist partners and attorneys with executing cash and stock mergers, tender offers and other complex transactions for private and public emerging growth companies
- Provide support in mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financing, limited and general partnerships, IPO’s and other securities offerings
- Assist clients in the transition from private to public enterprise
- Assist private and public company clients with state and federal securities law compliance
- Prepare all documents required to form, merge and dissolve corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, including but not limited to: corporate resolutions, certificates of incorporation, indemnification agreements, investor rights agreements, term sheets, etc.
- 3+ years of Corporate Paralegal experience in a law firm with market deal work of $300 million or more
- Must have knowledge of corporate governance and entity types and experience with corporations, dissolutions, and various corporate transactions
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of Westlaw or LexisNexis preferred
- Articulate and professional demeanor and detail oriented work manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multitask, work well under pressure and complete assignments in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise a high standard of judgment and discretion
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Bachelor's degree preferred