ORGANIZATION: Top-ranked International Law Firm
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA | Palo Alto, CA | Los Angeles, CA, | Seattle, CA (remote to start)!
BENEFITS: Base salary up to $75K, paid overtime, competitive bonus structure, Medical and Dental Coverage; Paid Time Off; 401K with match; rated top company culture!
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Conflicts and Compliance Manager, the Conflicts Specialist identifies and evaluates possible conflicts relating to new clients, cases, and lateral hiring in the Risk Management Department of a well-established and respected law firm.
- Perform research and conflict of interest checks using databases
- Handle intake requests and conflicts ethically
- Coordinate complex assignments with conflicts team
- Monitor the Risk Management team outlook inbox and handle and follow up on requests
- Maintain the conflicts databases regularly
- Conduct research through multiple sources, including the SEC, the internet, Westlaw and Mergent
- Identify potential conflicts and recommend action to the Risk Management team
- Communicate with Ethics Chair and Conflicts Manager regarding issues, as needed
- Work with admins and other parties to ensure accurate and complete information for conflicts
- Draft and submit memos related to conflicts issues and recommended resolutions
- Work on other projects and research, as needed
- 3+ years conflicts or risk management experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Strong data entry and research skills
- MS Word, Excel and Office Suite proficiency
- Knowledge of client accounting systems