Public Relations Specialist
LOCATION: Chicago, IL | New York, NY
THE FIRM: Multinational law firm in every major global capital and business center
COMPENSATION: Base salary to $105K and bonus eligible. Exceptional benefits including medical, dental and vision, generous paid time off; 401K w/match, transit, all firm amenities and much more. Noted as "one of the most desired law firms to work for globally.”
SUMMARY: The PR Specialist will focus heavily on media relations – developing relations with key media and supporting the close-knit and growing Communications team with research, intelligence, and media monitoring and reporting. This is a highly visible role working alongside a growing international business development and marketing team along, including executives.
- Use various media and tools to coordinate firm brand marketing
- Draft and oversee internal and external news announcements, media pitches, and other PR content that increase firm visibility
- Collaborate with practice leaders and business development department to advance marketing efforts
- Draft, edit and finalize internal and external media/announcements
- Support with the creation and distribution of a variety of PR/marketing materials and content for the firm website and intranet
- Support with the Firm’s social media efforts and presence
- Take on research and projects pertaining to media, media interview prep, or byline article placement analyzing media prospects, preparing for media interviews, and byline article placement.
- 5+ years of experience in communications and/or marketing, in a PR agency or corporate environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Familiarity with media monitoring tools, media databases, social media or website content management systems is a plus
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Close attention to detail and ability to maintain sight of long-term strategic goals
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while working independently or as part of a team
TO APPLY: If your experience meets the requirements of this law firm public relations position, please submit your resume.