Business Development Specialist
Law Firm Marketing & Business Development (Corporate or Litigation Practice Group)
ORGANIZATION: Major International Law Firm
LOCATION: Downtown Salt Lake City, Utah
HOURS: Monday – Friday, 9:30 – 5:30
SALARY & BENEFITS: Base salary and generous Performance-Based Bonus; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Transit Program; generous Paid Time Off; 401K; Gym, Life Insurance; cafe, all firm amenities, exceptional culture, noted firm with historical stability, security and career growth. Noted as one of the most desired law firms to work for globally. Located in one of Salt Lake City's most desired addresses with easy access to shopping and restaurants.
SUMMARY: Top-ranked AM multinational law firm is seeking a Specialist to support the New York Marketing & Business Development Department. The Business Development group operates alongside more than 100 diverse problem-solvers and advisers dedicated to business development, marketing and communications. The right candidate will liaise closely with partners and colleagues firm-wide to facilitate various projects and initiatives to drive the development of new business.
• Consult with global partnership on the development and execution of meaningful strategic business development and marketing initiatives for the region
• Provide research, coordination and other logistical assistance in connection with the origination and execution of new pitches and related client development meetings and activities
• Maintain and manage records, pitches, and fee proposals.
• Create manuals and resource materials for the experience database, outlining best practices for researching and recording transactions as well as helping to develop definitions and taxonomies
• Conduct competitive intelligence and benchmarking research within an industry or among peer firms
• Assist with collecting specific case experience to record in case tracking database
• Refine and curate core materials related to specific industries, practice descriptions and representative experience
• Monitor alerts and news flow to support proactive team initiatives
• Work alongside the Events team to put together client events
• Assist the Media / PR Team with recognitions and profile-raising initiatives.
• 4+ years of BD or marketing experience in a law firm
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Exceptional communication and listening skills, including an innate ability to communicate with stakeholders
• Proven ability to organize and manage a diverse range of projects, prioritizing multiple tasks with competing deadlines (at times in high-pressure situations)
• Very strong project management abilities to lead and control large, complex pitches, proposals and RFPs
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
• Proficiency with various research databases including, but not limited to Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg, Westlaw MonitorSuite, Lex Machina
Prior Experience in a "Dedicated" role devoted to Marketing or Business Development is required. THANK YOU.