CONFLICTS ANALYST (Remote)
LOCATION: Fully remote for the right candidate
ORGANIZATION: Elite NYC-headquartered law firm
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Base salary up to $85K; plus generous paid overtime and performance-based bonus; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Transit Program; generous Paid Time Off; 401K w/match; Gym membership perks, Life Insurance, all firm amenities, exceptional culture, prestigious firm with historical stability, security and career growth. Noted as one of the most desired law firms to work for globally.
OVERVIEW: You will be part of a dynamic and high-caliber team dedicated to identifying possible ethical and business-related conflicts of interest prior to the firm taking on new firm personnel. You will work closely alongside a global team of talented attorneys and firm personnel who share a passion for doing exceptional work.
- Coordinate the conflict clearance process between candidates, the firm-wide Legal Recruiting Department, and Partners/Associates
- Conduct conflict clearance checks for experienced hires including associates, summer associates, and firm-wide staff; checking for potential conflicts of interest
- Interface with candidates during the verification of prior work history, ensuring that new hire forms are thoroughly completed
- Review resumes and forms, following up with candidates as necessary whenever additional information is needed
- Identify potential conflict concerns regarding new clients and new employees and provide a concise and complete summary of analysis and findings to the appropriate firm personnel
- Submit requests for conflicts check to the department
- Verify that all searching is complete, consistent, and accurate and that all Firm conflicts procedures have been followed
- Follow up, give status updates and serve as a resource to the firm’s Legal Recruiting team, attorneys and administrators regarding conflict concerns
- Contribute to process, procedure, and technology improvements in order to reduce risk and improve efficiency
- Prepare and finalize documents for new hire orientation
- Liaise with attorneys and partners as needed pertaining to potential ethical, business conflicts, waiver requests, etc.
- Assist in the development and training of other Conflicts Analysts
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 2+ years of analytical research, conflicts, and reporting experience in a professional services environment, ideally a top law firm
- Microsoft Office Proficiency is required
- Familiarity with rules governing conflicts of interest/issues
- Ability to communicate effectively, dispassionately and diplomatically
- Ability to be proactive, organize/prioritize work and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary