New York, NY – Midtown Manhattan
Compensation: Base salary to $65,000 with well-paid overtime and comprehensive benefits by a major U.S. law firm. Exceptional work environment ideal to all transportation in one of New York's most recognized addresses. The firm culture is noted as being highly desired.
Summary: The successful candidate should be well-organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage simultaneous projects. Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written, are key requirements. As a Bankruptcy Paralegal, you should be familiar with ECF, Best Case Bankruptcy, Westlaw, and other software applications used to support the department. Extensive knowledge of federal court systems, local rules, Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure, Bankruptcy Code and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Drafting Petitions, Schedules, SOFA, Proofs of Claim and other official bankruptcy forms.
- Filing documents electronically within the Federal Courts, specifically with both the U.S. Bankruptcy and the U.S District Courts.
- Research regarding bankruptcy dockets, recent filings, court decisions, and news about corporate insolvencies.
- Calendaring of critical dates related to bankruptcy cases, adversary proceedings and related litigation.
- Preparation of hearing binders and related materials.
- Drafting Notices of Hearing; Pro Hac ViceApplications, Fee Applications, Retention Applications and various forms of other bankruptcy-related pleadings.
- Researching precedent for forms of substantive and non-substantive pleadings.
- Assisting with the retention process.
- 3+ years of related bankruptcy paralegal experience
- General knowledge of Chapter 11 corporate reorganizations and liquidation proceedings.
- Extensive knowledge of federal court systems, local rules and practices, Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure, Bankruptcy Code and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Expertise in CM/ECF and PACER filing system.
- Ensure expertise in technology relevant to the position, including Best Case Bankruptcy; proactively use most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
- Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills and a strong client service orientation.
Major U.S. law firm is seeking a person who wants career growth, stability and security with a quality firm