LOCATION: New York, New York (hybrid)
ORGANIZATION: Top-Ranked Global Law Firm
COMPENSATION: Base salary up to $190K (depending on experience), plus performance-based bonus
BENEFITS: Rated one of the city’s best employers to work for multiple years in a row, Generous vacation package, retirement plan – plus match, Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage, Life and AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and more!
SUMMARY: The Tax Manager will be part of the firm’s global tax team reporting to the Director of Tax. The position is in charge of global tax compliance, which includes overseeing the process of punctually filing necessary domestic and international tax returns, as well as partnership tax activities. The Tax Manager will also oversee 2-5 junior staff on the tax and accounting team.
- Gather and analyze accurate financial data for outside tax preparers of the Firm's U.S. and international tax returns such as U.S. composite and withholding payments and returns, other tax related filings, such as NYC UBT, international tax returns and corporate tax returns
- Perform technical analysis and application of Federal, State, and income tax treaty rules
- Partner with outside vendors for preparing and reviewal of global income tax returns
- Collaborate with Partner Accounting team and the Maintenance of Partner's Capital Accounts
- Maintain a tax schedule and ensure that all applicable operating jurisdictions are in compliance.
- Keep up with the latest developments and changes in tax legislation.
- Reconcile and maintain related general ledger accounts
- Supervise the quarterly tax withholding and payment process, as well as quarterly Partner memos.
- Lead department initiatives, day-to-day operations, and long-term strategies.
- Partake in interviewing, hiring talent as well as guides the training process
- Provide recommendations for process improvements to higher level management
- Oversee employees' work performance and provide guidance in the resolution of problems
- Consult on methods for promoting efficiency, effectiveness, and superior customer service as aligned with the Firm’s Core Values
- Establish and communicate departmental policies/procedure
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA certification required
- 8+ years progressive tax experience with 4 years focused on partnership tax
- Law firm and/or professional service organization experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity of leading a tax/accounting team
- Strong understanding of U.S. and State partnership tax rules and knowledge of debits and credits
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Excel with knowledge of complex functions (e.g., vlookups, pivot tables, formula nesting)
- General awareness of foreign tax matters
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables with competing timelines
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality