LOCATION: Westchester County, NY
THE ORGANIZATION: Multinational Law Firm
HOURS: Monday – Friday, 9:30AM – 5:30PM (Hybrid Schedule)
COMPENSATION: Competitive base salary based on years of experience up to $80K plus bonus.
BENEFITS: Competitive paid time off policy, Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; 401K with above market match; flexible spending account, commuter benefits, plus more! Desirable location and rated top law firm to work for with excellent firm culture!
SUMMARY: The Tax Accountant will be responsible for supporting the firm with international individual tax and payroll matters pertaining to Partners and employees. This role reports to the Tax Project Supervisor.
- Prepare work papers involving expatriate tax matters, international payroll tax filings.
- Assist with foreign tax return compliance and projects.
- Reconcile and maintain related general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and reconcile compensation accounting and reporting for international employees in the US, Europe and Asia offices.
- Assist with quarterly U.S. income tax payments and/or withholdings for Partners in overseas offices, including coordination with their accountants and the Partner Accounting group.
- Research and analyze U.S. and international payroll tax laws.
- Continue to develop knowledge of relevant tax law developments and changes.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of the Firm's payroll to analyze, compile, and reconcile payroll data.
- Review add-to-earnings reports on a monthly basis and continually maintain the Firm's tax preparation authorization list.
- Collaborate with team to analyze and verify Partner taxes paid/withheld reconcile to amounts remitted to the authorities on behalf of the Partners.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is preferred
- Six months related tax experience
- Working knowledge of U.S. and International payroll tax rules
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and complex functions including v-lookups, pivot tables, and formula nesting and others
- Ability to learn international payroll issues pertaining to expatriates
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables with competing timelines
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Able to communicate effectively with employees at all levels, firm management, and attorneys
- Strong data analytic skills
- Strong project management skills
- Able to use discretion and exercise sound judgment
- Able to maintain the utmost confidentiality
- Effective problem solver
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment