Senior Human Resources Generalist
Location: New York, New York
The Organization: Large U.S. Based Multinational Law Firm
Salary & Benefits: Base salary up to $130K; Generous bonus and 401K match structure; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Transit Program; generous Paid Time Off; Life Insurance; exceptional culture.
Summary: Seeking a Senior HR Generalist to support a busy Human Resources department at a well-established and prestigious firm. Candidates must be willing to work independently in a fast-paced, corporate environment. Responsibilities include staff recruitment, orientation, training programs and will work closely with benefits, HR technology and policy/procedure administration.
- Oversee recruiting and onboarding for general and administrative staff.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to identify strong candidates and create accurate job descriptions. Coordinate interviewing and qualification process.
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding programs, including internship programs and hiring of assistants for the firm
- Ensure HR compliance with hiring and onboarding
- Manage disciplinary actions as needed including coaching and performance management
- Monitor and administer FMLA requests. Ensure files and tracking for various leaves is up to date
- Update HRIS system for changes to employee status related to FMLA, ADA, PTO, etc.
- Support policy administration for professional staff globally
- Provide administrative and project support for the global HR team
- Source candidates and communicate with candidates while representing the firm
- Ensure accurate data in HRIS system as it relates to new employees
- Monitor staff performance. Oversee quarterly, yearly and periodic employee reviews
- Participate in planning and hosting employee events
- Draft memos related to employee promotions and internal relocation
- Work professionally and utilize excellent communication skills in order to handle confidential information
- Provide HR generalist support for all offices domestically and internationally
- 10+ years Human Resources / Training & Development / Recruitment experience required
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Knowledge of practices and trends within the HR industry
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws
- Microsoft Office familiarity, including Excel and Word; with the ability to learn new software quickly
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and writing
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities