Senior Manager & HR Business Partner
Location: New York, NY | Palo Alto, CA
The Organization: Large U.S. Based Multinational Law Firm
Salary & Benefits: Base salary up to $180,000; Generous bonus and 401K match structure; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Transit Program; generous Paid Time Off; Life Insurance; exceptional culture.
Summary: The Senior Manager & HRBP will report to the Senior HR Director of Strategy & Operations and will work in collaboration with the firm’s HRBPs to ensure HR operational compliance by consulting and directing on employment legislation, personnel management, and other related matters. This role will focus on building employee engagement, and formulating partnerships across the HR department to achieve the firm's goals.
- Handle employee onboarding and offboarding process which includes final pay, separation meetings, and ensures all necessary separation documentation is completed
- Coach and consult management personnel and staff on employee relations matters. Collaborate with Firm’s counsel to respond to EDD or other claims
- Confidentially meet with employees to discuss concerns as necessary
- Conduct internal investigations and handle corrective action as needed
- Monitor staff performance. Oversee quarterly, yearly and periodic employee reviews
- Provides up-to-date understanding of employment law, compliance developments etc.
- Consult and direct on complex HR matters including personnel management, legal risk reduction, business conduct, performance management, HR policy, regulatory compliance and team development
- Make proactive recommendations and execute suitable solutions to improve the employee experience by improving staff productivity and engagement.
- Partner with HR teams and managers to assist in the facilitation of organizational changes; collaborate with Recruiting, Engagement, and Training to design programs that help our people grow.
- Provide well thought out recommendations to stakeholders regarding policies and process changes
- Assess the success of HR programs and activities to ensure that the firm continues to attract, grow, and retain strong employees.
- 7+ years Human Resources and management experience required
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Strong experience handling investigations, providing counseling and corrective action
- Knowledge of practices and trends within the HR industry
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws
- Microsoft Office familiarity, including Excel and Word; with the ability to learn new software quickly
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and writing
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities