Global Tax Manager
BENEFITS: Base salary to $160,000 plus Generous Paid Time Off, Bonus, 401K, Medical Dental & Vision Coverage, Tuition reimbursement, Life and AD&D Insurance, Retirement Plans, Transit Program and much more. Exceptional work environment and firm culture. A history of security and stability.
LOCATION: Westchester County, NY
THE ORGANIZATION: Prestigious Multinational Law Firm in every major global capital worldwide
SUMMARY: The Tax Manager will be part of our global tax team reporting to the Assistant Director of Tax. The position is in charge of global tax compliance, which includes overseeing the process of punctually filing necessary domestic and international tax returns.
- Gather and analyze accurate financial data for outside tax preparers of the Firm's U.S. and international tax returns such as U.S. composite and withholding payments and returns, other tax related filings, such as NYC UBT, international tax returns and corporate tax returns
- Perform technical analysis and application of Federal, State, and income tax treaty rules
- Partner with outside vendors for preparing and reviewal of global income tax returns
- Collaborate with Partner Accounting team and the Maintenance of Partner's Capital Accounts
- Maintain a tax schedule and ensure that all applicable operating jurisdictions are in compliance.
- Keep up with the latest developments and changes in tax legislation.
- Reconcile and maintain related general ledger accounts
- Supervise the quarterly tax withholding and payment process, as well as quarterly Partner memos.
- Lead department initiatives, day-to-day operations, and long-term strategies.
- Partake in interviewing, hiring talent as well as guides the training process
- Provide recommendations for process improvements to higher level management
- Oversee employees' work performance and provide guidance in the resolution of problems
- Consult on methods for promoting efficiency, effectiveness, and superior customer service as aligned with the Firm’s Core Values
- Establish and communicate departmental policies/procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA certification required
- 8+ years progressive tax experience with 4 years focused on partnership tax
- Law firm and/or related professional service organization experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of U.S. and State partnership tax rules and knowledge of debits and credits
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Excel with knowledge of complex functions (e.g., vlookups, pivot tables, formula nesting)
- General awareness of foreign tax matters
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables with competing timelines
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality