Network Systems Imaging Engineer (Reputable Law Firm)
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
COMPENSATION: Base salary commensurate with experience, competitive bonus and comprehensive benefits (including, medical, dental, vision and 401K). Exceptional work environment!
SUMMARY: Top-ranked and stable law firm is seeking a Network Systems Imaging Engineer to join their busy Washington, DC office. This role will image and provision computers for issuance with the firm and its systems. This individual will be responsible for installation, configuration and integration of hardware and software.
- Build, test, support desktop and server image(s) / templates
- Support image/template deployment and provide updates to physical endpoints
- Automate and test computer image processes
- Define installation and configuration settings for publishing related software
- Check the presence and version of software on devices and systems
- Develop and maintain automated tools
- Monitor mechanisms to ensure compliance and currency with patch management
- Assist with monitoring network security
- Install, configure and maintain VMware environment
- Integrate servers and associated software into enterprise systems
- Configure, maintain and support customer remote access (i.e., VPN and Citrix solutions)
- Manage and maintain successful backup and continuity solutions
- Create and maintain documentation related to system configuration, mapping, processes and service records
- Create and update documentation as needed
- Assist with other projects/tasks when needed
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related networking support experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment
- Strong knowledge of and experience with LAN, SAN, WAN, VLAN, SD-WAN and WLAN configuration management and administration in Cisco environments
- SCCM for application deployment and windows updates experience
- Working experience with Windows OS, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience working with Microsoft Exchange, VMware administration, NetApp hardware, Snap solutions, Azure and AWS
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities at once