Manager of Help Desk
Location: New York, New York (Remote – Hybrid)
Summary: Top-ranked multinational law firm in Midtown is seeking a Manager for the firm's Service Desk. The individual will serve as the manager of the Firmwide IT Department and support Technology Services firm-wide.
Compensation: Base salary to $200,000, competitive bonus and comprehensive benefits (including, medical, dental, vision and 401K). Corporate gym membership, cafeteria and coffee shop on site. Exceptional work environment ideal to all and transportation in one of New York's most recognized addresses.
- Oversee Help Desk professionals and oversee remote personnel for 24 hour / 7 day support for approximately 900 users
- Develop and maintain performance standards
- Provide professional and technical development of the Help Desk team
- Represent Help Desk at firm-wide meetings; run departmental meetings
- Maintain end user automation procedures and related documentation
- Manage Help Desk support resources (process for incoming customer inquiries, projects, trial site coverage, administrative work and time allotted for holidays and time off)
- Manage the administration and maintenance of ServiceNow ticketing system
- Collaborate with Associate Director of User Support and Human Resources department on performance review process, administrative management, training and mentorship
- Prepare and distribute operational progress reports; make recommendations for changes
- Thorough knowledge of Help Desk troubleshooting to step in, as needed
- Take ownership of escalated tickets by following up with other teams or managers within Information Technology department
- Support team building, recognition and peer collaboration
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years experience managing IT or Help Desk support with a corporate environment
- Strong knowledge of PC systems (desktop and laptop), as well as wireless devices and printer hardware
- Previous experience with Active Directory, SharePoint, ServiceNow, etc.
- Knowledge of remote help desk support experience (RDP, VPN, Citrix, etc.)
- 2+ years of hands on experience using ITIL compliant service desk tools
- A strong team player who takes pride in the teams success