KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT ATTORNEY – INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
LOCATION: New York, New York | Palo Alto, CA | Century City, LA | Washington, D.C.
THE ORGANIZATION: Large U.S. Based Multinational Law Firm
SALARY & BENEFITS: Base salary up to $210K, exceptional firm and department culture; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Family Care; Elder Care; Generous Paid Time Off; 401K w/ competitive match; Life Insurance; and much more!
SUMMARY: Seeking a Knowledge Management Attorney and strategic thinker to provide support to key firm stakeholders within the Technology Transactions, Patent, and Trademark practice areas. Having practiced law, the ideal candidate will have worked in IP law, have an understanding of strategic design of knowledge management best practices and feel comfortable utilizing and implementing new technology. Someone who has the desire to work collaboratively with other knowledge management attorneys and staff as a key member of the highly respected firm.
- Strategic design of knowledge management processes for IP Practice
- Execute a solutions based approach to organizing key knowledge management documents, forms, research, data, etc. — with an emphasis on automation and ease of accurate retrieval and use
- Collaborate with vendors and in-house technology experts to implement legal technology solutions for increased accessibility and efficiency
- Manage AI and Machine Learning due diligence platforms and resource automation
- Thought leader within the KM space – draft and update model forms, practice checklists, key precedence and market data point surveys
- Collaborate with firm stakeholders to identify, retrieve and effectively store key research and reference materials from multiple sources and database
- Design and manage KM practice internal sites; target essential legal content for practice needs
- Monitor industry advances and evaluate key trends for partner discussion; lead quality discussions among associates on KM best practices and ensure awareness of new ideas and concepts
- Establish and maintain rapport with practice group leaders, associates and partners
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders including partners, practice group leaders, attorney development personnel and marketing team
- Lead workshops, seminars and trainings to promote KM resources
- J.D. required, computer science background preferred
- 4+ years of IP practice experience
- Advanced-level knowledge of technologies relevant to the Intellectual Property practice: Document and workflow automation; Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) platforms; contract analysis platforms; patent and trademark portfolio management; patent and trademark search platforms; patent and trademark analytics
- Ability to communicate technical and legal information effectively to various practice groups, internal stakeholders and vendors
- Experience using automation and AI-tools including Contract Express, Neota Logic, Hot Docs, Kira, eBrevia, Luminance and eDiscovery
- Comfortable coding or providing website design support preferred
- Strong understanding of KM processes, techniques, relevant technologies and best practices
- Excellent leadership, analytical, organizational and project management skills