Human Resources Generalist
Location: New York, New York (Hybrid – Remote)
The Organization: Top Tier Firm
Salary & Benefits: Base salary up to $125k commensurate with experience, overtime pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage, Transit Program, generous paid time off, Life Insurance, and an exceptional company culture.
Summary: Seeking a Human Resources Generalist to support a busy Human Resources department at a well-established and prestigious firm. Candidates must be willing to work independently in a fast-paced, corporate environment. Responsibilities include staff recruitment, orientation, training programs and will work closely with benefits, HR technology and policy/procedure administration.
- This position reports to the Director of HR & Operations
- Oversee recruiting and onboarding for general and administrative staff.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to identify strong candidates and create accurate job descriptions; coordinate interviewing and qualification process
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding programs, including internship programs and hiring of assistants for the firm
- Source candidates and communicate with candidates while representing the firm
- Ensure accurate data in HRIS system as it relates to new employees
- Manage the process of onboarding and offboarding while ensuring HR compliance; paperwork, benefits, termination process flow and exit interviews
- Manage disciplinary actions as needed including coaching and performance management
- Create and deliver L&D programs that provide internal development opportunities for employees; e-learning and live formats
- Create new and impactful learning programs through the lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Monitor and administer FMLA requests; ensure files and tracking for various leaves is accurate
- Responsible for COBRA administration and staying up to date on OSHA requirements
- Update HRIS system for changes to employee status related to FMLA, ADA, PTO, etc.
- Support policy administration for professional staff globally
- Provide administrative and project support for the HR team
- Participate in planning and hosting employee events; draft memos related to employee promotions and internal relocation to bluster morale
- Work professionally and utilize excellent communication skills in order to handle confidential information
- Provide HR generalist support across the organization
- 4+ years Human Resources
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Knowledge of practices and trends within the HR industry
- HR Certificate a plus; SHRM CP and/or PHR
- Experience with ADP is a plus
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws
- Microsoft Office familiarity, including Excel and Word; with the ability to learn new software quickly
- Maintain close attention to detail and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and writing
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities