JOB TITLE: Competitive Intelligence – Marketing Coordinator (Finance and Investment Banking)
SALARY & BENEFITS: Base salary up to $95,000 and generous paid overtime and performance-based bonus; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Transit Program; generous Paid Time Off; 401K w/match; Gym membership perks, Life Insurance, all firm amenities, exceptional culture, noted firm with historical stability, security and career growth. Noted as one of the most desired law firms to work for globally.
Location: New York, NY – Remote to start
SUMMARY: Top-ranked AM law firm is seeking a Coordinator to support the Chicago Corporate (M&A, Private Equity, Transactional) Legal Team within the Marketing & Business Development Department. This position reports to both the Business Development Specialists, Global Director, Business Development Director. The Business Development group operates alongside more than 100 diverse problem-solvers and advisers dedicated to business development, marketing and communications. The right candidate will liaise closely with the corporate teams firm-wide Competitive Intelligence team to facilitate various projects and initiatives to drive the development of new business.
- Consult with the New York partnership on the development and execution of meaningful strategic business development and marketing initiatives for the region
- Gather data from various sources/databases to compile a variety of intelligence briefings on company/financial/private equity firm profiles and biographical dossiers
- Engage in comprehensive research of the Firm’s transactions across a wide breadth of industries, geographies and transaction types using a variety of internal and external resources, including Bloomberg, The Deal Pipeline, CapIQ, Pitchbook, Deal Point Data, PrivateRaise, Preqin, ThomsonOne and others
- Accurately capture and maintain comprehensive transaction deals in the Firm’s experience database
- Refine and curate core materials related to specific industries, practice descriptions and representative experience
- Conduct competitive intelligence and benchmarking research within an industry or among peer firms
- Assist with collecting New York-specific M&A, Banking and Finance case experience to record in case tracking database
- Work with all functions of the greater Business Development & Marketing team, including Operations, Development, Systems, Communications and Competitive Intelligence
- 2+ years of Corporate Investment Banking and / or Finance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Understanding and knowledge of Capital Markets, Finance, Banking and or M&A