Litigation Case Manager
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
HOURS: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM (plus generous paid overtime!)
THE ORGANIZATION: Highly Respected U.S. Law Firms
COMPENSATION: Base salary commensurate with experience to $90,000 and Well-Paid OT, Benefits; Paid Time Off; 401K; benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage and more!
SUMMARY: The Litigation Case Manager will serve as liaison between junior paralegals and attorneys on their team to facilitate an efficient two-way flow of communication regarding tasks, assignments, and the status of projects. The Case Manager will also assist Litigation attorneys in all phases of the litigation process, from the discovery period through trial and on to post-trial findings and appeals.
- Review and analyze documents for production, categorizing documents by subject, preparing chronologies of facts, and reviewing transcripts during the discovery phase
- Prioritize case assignments with multiple team members
- Work closely with the attorney team and Technical Litigation Support in managing and tracking complex document productions
- Possess an advanced understanding of discovery applications (Concordance, Relativity, Summation) and how to use them to effectively support litigation
- Manage the processes related to document organization and production
- Prepare for and attend depositions, hearings and trials by organizing and filing exhibits and all other supporting documents; make arrangements for transporting and setting up case materials at location
- Work with multiple stakeholders to assure that all logistical and case management needs are met at trial
- Prepare motions by pulling relevant documents, proofreading, putting together exhibits and indexes documents for table of contents and assist with cite-checking
- Bachelor’s degree with high academic standing required
- 3+ years of experience as a Litigation Paralegal or Case Management experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of technology and database applications
- Must be able to work well-paid overtime evenings, weekends, and holidays if necessary
- Must be able to travel for extended periods, sometimes on short notice as necessary
- Must be able to work well under pressure and coordinate several activities at the same time
- Able to take and follow instructions as well as delegate tasks to others
- A person seeking long-term career stability, security and growth with a respected law firm
For additional paralegal jobs in law firms in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, D.C. and Boston please visit: https://tripointsearch.com/jobs/category/paralegal/