Business Development Analyst – Litigation
Law Firm Marketing & Business Development LITIGATION
ORGANIZATION: Major International Law Firm – Litigation Group
LOCATION: New York, NY – Manhattan
HOURS: Monday – Friday, 9:30 – 5:30
SALARY & BENEFITS: Base salary to $75,000 and paid overtime; Generous Performance-Based Bonus; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Transit Program; generous Paid Time Off; 401K; Gym, Life Insurance; cafe, all firm amenities, exceptional culture, noted firm with historical stability, security and career growth. Noted as one of the most desired law firms to work for globally. Located in one of New York's most desired addresses with easy access to all mass transit, shopping, restaurants.
SUMMARY: Top-ranked AM multinational law firm is seeking an Analyst to support the New York Litigation Teamwithin the Marketing & Business Development Department. The Business Development group operates alongside more than 100 diverse problem-solvers and advisers dedicated to business development, marketing and communications. The right candidate will liaise closely with litigators firmwide and the New York Business Development team to facilitate various projects and initiatives to drive the development of new business.
• Consult with the New York partnership on the development and execution of meaningful strategic business development and marketing initiatives for the region
• Provide research, coordination and other logistical assistance in connection with the origination and execution of new pitches and related client development meetings and activities
• Maintain and manage records, pitches, and fee proposals.
• Create manuals and resource materials for the experience database, outlining best practices for researching and recording transactions as well as helping to develop definitions and taxonomies
• Conduct competitive intelligence and benchmarking research within an industry or among peer firms
• Assist with collecting NY-specific litigation case experience to record in case tracking database
• Refine and curate core materials related to specific industries, practice descriptions and representative experience
• Monitor alerts and news flow to support proactive team initiatives
• Work alongside the Events team to put together client events
• Assist the Media / PR Team with recognitions and profile-raising initiatives.
• 2+ years of BD, marketing or paralegal experience in a law firm
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Deep knowledge of litigation
• Exceptional communication and listening skills, including an innate ability to communicate with stakeholders
• Proven ability to organize and manage a diverse range of projects, prioritizing multiple tasks with competing deadlines (at times in high-pressure situations)
• Very strong project management abilities to lead and control large, complex pitches, proposals and RFPs
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
• Proficiency with various research databases including, but not limited to Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg, Westlaw MonitorSuite, Lex Machina