POSITION: Compliance / Risk Analyst (KYC)
ORGANIZATION: Elite International Law Firm
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Base salary up to $95K, plus generous paid overtime and performance-based bonus, benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Paid Time Off; 401K; Life and AD&D Insurance; Savings Accounts; Corporate Gym Memberships; Travel Reimbursement; etc.
LOCATION: New York, New York | San Francisco, CA | Chicago, IL | Boston, MA | Washington, D.C.
SUMMARY: The Compliance / Risk Analyst provides direct support to the entire Risk & New Business Management Department. This role is responsible for analyzing documents and data, conducting complex research, meeting the Firm's compliance requirements and facilitating effective new and prospective client risk assessment.
- Review and follow up on documentation and information to meet the Firm's compliance requirements
- Identify and address non-compliance and risk assessment issues with management and partners
- Update documentation and databases to keep current with compliance status of clients, the department and Firm's guidelines and procedures, as well as new regulations and requirements
- Prepare formal responses to audit inquiry letters from clients, including entering, tracking, and assigning letters
- Provide guidance and training to partners and staff regarding the Firm's compliance procedures and requirements
- Monitor internal information to ensure compliance with IRS
- Monitor and processes all Attorney Registration forms for domestic offices
- File lobbying disclosure reports for the firm or attorneys functioning as lobbyists
- Research documents involving any new clients, and their Registered Agent
- Assist clients and Firm with preparation of responses to formal requests for information from FINRA Compliance
- Handle multiple complex client analysis projects
- Understand and respond to inquiries from partners, other attorneys as well as staff and demonstrates this understanding through the use of effective communication
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Prior experience in a law firm or related environment
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions; organize and prioritize work
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities; work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
TO APPLY: If your experience meets the requirements of this position, please submit your resume in Word format.