Transactional Corporate Paralegal (Venture Capital, Private Equity, Fund Formation, Capital Markets)
Location: Chicago, IL
The Organization: Large U.S. Based Multinational Law Firm
Salary & Benefits: Generous salary, paid overtime and bonus; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Transit Program; generous Paid Time Off; 401K w/match; Life Insurance; exceptional culture.
Summary: Seeking a Corporate Paralegal in Silicon Valley or San Francisco office to support a team of attorneys across all aspects of Fund formation to IPO life cycle. Candidate must be willing to work independently in a fast-paced, corporate environment. Well-paid overtime can be anticipated.
- Manage complex projects independently under limited supervision
- Maintain confidential client information and case management software; improve workflow regarding storage and recall of materials
- Oversee IPO transaction tasks, including: draft checklists, attend due diligence meetings, proofread legal documents and coordinate site visits
- Create and proofread agreements for content, accuracy and format
- Prepare deal documents, including: disclosures, exhibits, SEC filings, questionnaires, financing statements, cusip number applications, purchase agreements and merger agreements
- Provide pre-closing, closing and post-closing assistance
- Conduct non-legal and legal research; perform due-diligence
- Prepare correspondence, audit letters responses, working group lists and closing checklists
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of Corporate Paralegal experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong research skills; utilizing legal research software Westlaw, LexisNexis, PACER, SEC/EDGAR, CapMx, ShareWorks, Carta, etc.
- Experience with '34 Act, Section 16 filings, beneficial ownership rules, legend removal opinions and other securities matters.
- Great communication skills written and verbal