Senior Real Estate Paralegal – Commercial
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Base salary up to $185K plus Paid Overtime, plus Bonus; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Paid Time Off; 401K; Life insurance; and more!
ORGANIZATION: Large International Law Firm
LOCATION: Boston, MA | New York, NY | Philadelphia, PA | Charlotte, NC (Remote – Hybrid)
SUMMARY: A large international law firm is seeking a Senior Real Estate Paralegal with title and survey experience!
- Assist with all phases of commercial and residential real estate, including sale, exchange, purchase, development, construction financing and refinancing, leasing, syndication and local and federal regulation
- Order, review and file title reports, surveys, settlement statements, lien searches, and exceptions documents
- Draft and review contracts, deeds, leases, purchase and sale agreements, estoppels and SNDA’s
- Collaborate with title insurance agencies and outside counsel to coordinate title searches and clearances and resolve any issues prior to extending commercial loan title policy
- Obtain and review UCC reports and assist in the resolution of security interest issues
- Handle the preparation and maintenance of closing checklists
- Draft and assemble closing documents and prepare closing binders
- Review closing documents for accuracy regarding prorated taxes and closing and settlement costs
- Maintain files, databases, and records for owned and leased real estate, equipment, bonds, loans, etc.
- Conduct extensive research for real estate property records and general financial and tax information related to local governmental entities and corporations
- Review officer’s certificates, resolutions, organizational documents, and other due diligence materials
- Assist with the preparation of architect and construction contracts for new and renovation design of commercial and residential properties
- Facilitate all logistics for equipment acquisition and leasing, with both tax-exempt and traditional equipment lessors
- Bachelor's Degree or Paralegal Certificate
- 4+ years of Commercial Real Estate paralegal experience within a law firm
- Experience with ACRIS
- Prior title and survey experience
- Knowledgeable of tax-exempt and taxable financing related to commercial real estate transactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of staff