Senior Payroll Analyst (Workday)
Location: San Francisco, CA | Palo Alto, CA (remote to start)!
The Organization: Top-ranked Silicon Valley based Multinational Law Firm
Salary & Benefits: Base salary up to $115K with generous bonus; Medical and Dental Coverage; Transit Program; generous Paid Time Off; 401K w/match; Life Insurance; exceptional culture.
Summary: Well-established international law firm is seeking a Senior Payroll Analyst to process payroll for 1,000 employees across the Firm’s US offices. Reporting to the Senior HR Systems Manager, this role is in charge of Workday payroll processing and reporting requirements for payroll time and attendance, wages, deductions, and taxes.
- Execute payroll tasks such as payroll processing, audits, and record management, etc.
- Manage time restraints and process bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly multi-state payroll.
- Perform manual checks and off-cycle payrolls if needed.
- Collaborate with the Workday and HR team to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing.
- Assist with account reconciliations and tasks connected to payroll.
- Guide employees in using Workday, and answer payroll questions.
- Assist HR team with yearly reporting and audits
- Spearhead payroll-related special projects.
- Regularly create payroll reports via workday
- 5+ payroll experience with at least 3 years with time tracking and workday
- Bachelor’s degree or CPP
- Strong knowledge of US Payroll Rules/Regulations
- Background in HR, audit, or tax/accounting practices
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Highly organized with strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and navigate tight deadlines while taking ownership over tasks big and small