Senior Manager of Strategy & Planning
Location: New York, NY
The Firm: Large International Law Firm
Compensation: Base salary up to $170K; plus Competitive Bonus, Excellent 401K and PTO; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Life, ADD, Elder Care, Emergency Child Care, Gym Membership Reimbursement, Wellness Incentives, Commuter Benefits, All Firm Amenities, and much more.
Exceptional culture and noted as one of the best law firms to work for globally.
Summary: The Senior Manager of Strategy and Planning works in partnership as an advisor to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). This is a high visibility role focused on strategy and coordination of business activities. Supporting the COO directly and regularly interfacing with senior partners, chiefs, and regional leaders this person will gain a strong understanding of the firm and how to navigate a large, global organization.
- Spearhead strategic corporate project initiatives in partnership with the COO
- Guide the COO as a trusted thought leader
- Lead cross-functional and regional strategic initiatives such as continuity strategy development/improvement, business planning, offshore work evaluations, etc.
- Regularly interface with senior leadership regarding development, deployment, implementation, and execution on various strategic matters
- Collaborate with COO on executive and management business presentations
- Develop and manage communications
- Ascertain that the COO is well-prepared for internal and external meetings
- Organize structure for senior leadership team meetings among Chiefs and Directors
- Provide analytical support
- Oversee and assess strategy deployment and implementation strategies
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of related experience consulting, HR, operations, or business administration
- Prior law firm experience preferred
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Powerpoint
- Exposure to advising or supporting executives directly in change management or decision making
- Possess strong analytical and organizational skills
- Independent self-starter; effective, versatile and action-oriented communicator
- Superb judgment, sound reason and unquestioned integrity
- Ability to commit to discretion