Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
LOCATION: Washington, D.C. (remote to start and hybrid-remote beginning in January)
COMPENSATION: Base salary up to $95,000 plus generous bonus; Paid Time Off; 401K; Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, generous vacation and sick/personal days, paid holidays, 401K, and more!
OVERVIEW: Seeking a highly motivated and ambitious Senior Reporting Analyst looking to develop a long-term career within the Accounting & Finance department of a well-established law firm.
This role will support all aspects of financial reporting and analysis with an emphasis on pricing models, matter budgeting and tracking, and has high visibility within the firm, with frequent collaboration amongst partners and senior leadership
- Responsible for modeling pricing scenarios for client rate negotiations
- Perform monthly client analysis and practice group reporting
- Conduct financial modeling, forecasts, variance analysis and data analysis and interpretation of impact on business
- Partner with Billing department for proper implementation of negotiated client rate cards
- Support with matter budgeting and client cost estimate preparation
- Use client rate agreement data to suggest ideal staffing scenarios
- Construct and maintain an excel database of budget estimates
- Present financial data for internal and external stakeholder reporting
- Analyze data into concise summaries for delivery during regular client team meetings
- Assess profit of unbilled time prior to the final client billing
- Prepare pro-forma analysis for presentations to senior executives
- Partner with external departments and executive management team and administrative departments on ad hoc projects, query, business intelligence and data management
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or related field
- 4+ years of accounting/financial reporting/analysis experience
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of budgeting, accounting and systems
- Familiarity financial or reporting database structure
- Strong MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Experience using IBM Cognos or SQL is a plus!
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary