Senior Real Estate Paralegal – Commercial
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Base salary to $125,000 plus Paid Overtime, plus Bonus; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Paid Time Off; 401K; Life insurance; and more!
ORGANIZATION: Large International Law Firm
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
SUMMARY: A large international law firm is seeking a Real Estate Paralegal to join the Finance and Real Estate Practice Group. Someone with experience assisting attorneys with matters related to the acquisition and financing of capital assets, including real property, equipment and major capital improvements.
- Assist with all phases of commercial and residential real estate, including sale, exchange, purchase, development, construction financing and refinancing, leasing, syndication and local and federal regulation
- Order, review and file title reports, surveys, settlement statements, lien searches, and exceptions documents
- Draft and review contracts, deeds, leases, purchase and sale agreements, estoppels and SNDA’s
- Collaborate with title insurance agencies and outside counsel to coordinate title searches and clearances and resolve any issues prior to extending commercial loan title policy
- Obtain and review UCC reports and assist in the resolution of security interest issues
- Handle the preparation and maintenance of closing checklists
- Draft and assemble closing documents and prepare closing binders
- Review closing documents for accuracy regarding prorated taxes and closing and settlement costs
- Maintain files, databases, and records for owned and leased real estate, equipment, bonds, loans, etc.
- Conduct extensive research for real estate property records and general financial and tax information related to local governmental entities and corporations
- Review officer’s certificates, resolutions, organizational documents, and other due diligence materials
- Assist with the preparation of architect and construction contracts for new and renovation design of commercial and residential properties
- Facilitate all logistics for equipment acquisition and leasing, with both tax-exempt and traditional equipment lessors
- 4+ years of Commercial Real Estate paralegal experience within a law firm
- Experience with ACRIS
- Knowledgeable of tax-exempt and taxable financing related to commercial real estate transactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of staff
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate preferred