Public Relations / Communications & Media Manager
Major U.S. Multinational Law Firm
Technology | BioTech | BioMed | Litigation | Corporate
Location: New York, NY | San Francisco,CA | Los Angeles, CA | Seattle, WA
The Firm: Stable Multinational Law Firm rated Best Employer to work for in the city!
COMPENSATION: Base salary $140,000 (Depending on location and experience). Bonus eligible. Exceptional benefits including medical, dental and vision, generous paid time off; 401K w/match, transit, all firm amenities and much more.
SUMMARY: The right hire will have excellent project management skills, leadership qualities and a track record for designing and implementing stellar external and internal communications for print, digital and social media (including industry specific blogs).
- Utilize media relation strategies with technology, law and business mediums to develop successful external communications
- Oversee general news monitoring, relatable to the Firm, as well as monitoring industry-specific publications such as Chambers, Law360 and American Lawyer
- Manage PR activities and respond to interview requests; prepare and facilitate partner interviews, draft firm press releases and provide guidance to attorneys as necessary
- Draft and oversee external and internal news announcements and media pitches that increase firm visibility and practice understanding for key industries, legal themes, issues and solutions
- Create directories and award plans; oversee the gathering and sharing of insight with firm partners and executives
- Manage interviews and logistics for news, journals and press releases
- Conduct research on media outlets and reporters to aid in outreach and to prepare partners for press interviews
- Create media lists and general outreach in relation to the firms’ public relations and marketing initiatives
- Supervise and contribute to the firm’s social media efforts, including creating and drafting original written and visual content
- Manage and administer the firm’s awards and honors and survey submission program, including identifying and tracking submissions opportunities; drafting and facilitating and nominations organizing and facilitating nominations, submissions and references
- Research, write, edit and project manage the creation and distribution of a variety of marketing-related materials and content for the website, intranet and extend reach of content
- Track, measure and report performance of communications and social media campaigns, as well as compile and maintain summary of honors and recognitions.
- Handle client and topic-specific media analysis and other research projects
- Heavy media tracking within technology, biomedical, biotechnology, business, e-commerce, emerging markets and law
- A minimum of 6 years of PR or Communications skills within legal, technology, consulting or finance
- Able to work on multiple projects and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Any familiarity with Corporate Law or Finance or M&A or Capital Markets, or Private Equity, highly desired but not required. Must be able to maintain highly confidential information.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- An attention to detail without losing sight of strategic goals
- Think creatively and pragmatically; for a sophisticated corporate audience
- Able to organize/prioritize work as part of a team or independently
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating and business needs
- A person seeking career growth, stability and security with a large multinational law firm noted as one of the most desired law firms to work for globally
TO APPLY: If your experience meets the requirements of this law firm public relations position, please submit your resume.