Location: Chicago, IL
The Organization: Large U.S. Based International Law Firm
Salary & Benefits: Base salary to $85K, paid overtime and generous Performance Based Bonus; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Transit Program; generous Paid Time Off; 401K w/match; Gym, Life Insurance; exceptional culture, noted firm with historical stability, security and career growth. Noted as, "One of the most desired law firms to work for globally".
Summary: Top-ranked AM international law firm is seeking a Payroll Coordinator to ensure timely and accurate processing of partner payroll, respond to requests, perform established internal control activities, and identify opportunities to enhance the current partner payroll process.
- Compile and review semi-monthly partner payroll
- Understand the flow of information with the partner payroll process to ensure that payroll is processed accurately
- Prepare and review compensation and distribution calculations
- Review payroll documentation for accuracy using audit reports
- Perform general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare employment verification letters for partners
- Review partner payroll processes
- Work closely with the Finance management team to implement changes
- 3+ years’ of payroll experience in a law firm or professional services environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance OR comparable experience required
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Prior experience using PeopleSoft Payroll
- Strong analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interface, develop and maintain professional relationships with all levels of management in an upbeat friendly and professional work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines under time constraints