Mutual Fund Tax Manager
LOCATION: Midtown, Manhattan
THE ORGANIZATION: Top Asset Management Company
BENEFITS: Base salary up to $135K with competitive bonus structure, Daily Seamless stiped for lunch, competitive paid time off, 401K with above market match, Medical Dental & Vision Coverage, Life and AD&D Insurance, Retirement Plans, Flexible Spending Account, Transit Program and more!
SUMMARY: The Mutual Fund Tax Manager reviews all tax-related data generated by the Funds’ administrator, supports with Fund marketing materials, and manages reconciliation of mutual fund accounting records to the firm’s financial accounting system.
- Gather and analyze accurate tax data documents, including state tax filings and excise and fiscal provisions
- Reallocation pertaining to 1099-MISC
- Handle quarterly compliance schedules, including Asset Diversification Testing and Gross Income Tests
- Support portfolio managers by determining distributions to be paid by the funds
- Review and maintain Tax Center section of the company’s site and assist with reviewal of various marketing materials
- Keep up with the latest developments and changes in tax legislation.
- Oversee reconciliation and maintenance of records of third party administrator, State Street Bank, to internal accounting records
- Reconcile cash positions for each Fund in addition to reporting cash availability to Portfolio Managers
- File Indian tax returns for appropriate funds
- Monitor wash sales
- Create and maintain lists of PFICs held by funds
- Provide recommendations for process improvements to higher level management
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
- 5+ years mutual fund tax accounting experience
- Understanding of fund accounting regulations and practices, especially in relation to mutual fund taxation and distribution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables with competing timelines
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and techniques