Manager of Legal Recruiting
LOCATION: New York, NY
ORGANIZATION: Elite, Top-ranked AMLaw Firm
COMPENSATION: Competitive base salary to $170K, bonus structure, Medical and Dental Coverage; Paid Time Off; great 401K match; desirable location in Manhattan, rated top law firm to work for, excellent firm culture and perks, plus more!
SUMMARY: The Manager of Legal Recruiting leads the Firm-wide Lateral, Partner, and Summer Associate Recruiting processes. This individual oversees the firm’s Recruiting team and reports to the Director of Recruiting.
- Lead the firm-wide Attorney Recruiting team; spearhead hiring, training, goal setting, and performance management within the department
- Act as the department head of the viRecruit ATS, oversee upgrades and maintenance
- Organize campus recruitment initiatives from managing relationships with law schools, student organizations, as well as branding and networking events related to recruitment
- Lead on-campus-interview (OCI) process; develop hiring strategy and plans, in collaboration with senior management
- Align with Recruiting Committee, leadership, and recruiting team toward strategic efforts
- Prepare Recruiting Committee meeting agendas
- Handle and plan Recruiting events calendar with activities such as: cocktail receptions, dinner, informational sessions, OCI events, and more!
- Review and decide on sponsorship requests from partner law schools
- Stay up to date with market data and trends, as it relates to the legal field and recruitment
- Work to strengthen alumni relationships
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 6+ years of experience in legal recruiting (including partner, lateral and OCI hiring)
- AmLaw experience
- Familiarity with viRecruit, viLMS, or similar CLE/recruiting database is preferred
- Ability to build professional relationships and work with individuals at all seniority levels
- Strong analytical skills with ability to balance short and long term priorities and goals