POSITION: Legal Secretary to Partner – Real Estate
BENEFITS: Salary to $90K, plus paid overtime, Paid Time Off, Bonus, 401K, Medical Dental & Vision Coverage, Life and AD&D Insurance, Retirement Plans, Profit Sharing match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Transit Program and more!
LOCATION: Midtown Manhattan New York, New York
THE ORGANIZATION: An International Law Firm
SUMMARY: An international law firm is looking for a Legal Secretary with a background in Real Estate and with the confidence and technical skill set to support a fast-paced Partner & team of paralegals.
- Provide high quality secretarial, word processing and administrative support to Partners and team of Associates
- Communicate regularly with service departments, attorneys and clients at offices across the world
- Act as gatekeeper and liaison, tracking all requests, calls and outstanding matters
- Perform calendar management for all assigned attorneys; scheduling meetings, conference calls, travel, appointments, depositions, due dates, court appearances, etc.; anticipate, identify and resolve potential issues
- Create, edit and proofread correspondence and legal documents for content, grammar, spelling and formatting
- Maintain client and contact lists
- Provide support coverage during secretarial absences
- Assist with word processing of documents including but not limited to developing table of contents/table of authorities and applying firm styles/formatting
- Manage billing and timekeeping; track and input attorney time and data, review invoices and statements and collaborate with billing/accounting department regarding processing and payments
- Update and maintain accurate client contact information and filing systems
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks including but not limited to photocopying, printing, preparing letters, notes, documents, etc.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of the policies and procedures of the firm in order assist with queries
- High School Diploma Required, College Degree preferred
- 8+ legal administrative support experience and at least 2+ years experience supporting a billing attorney
- Experience in real estate is a bonus!
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly adaptable and extremely intelligent, professional and articulate
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Great ability to make sound, decisive decisions and act accordingly