Legal Secretary for Trusts & Estates Group
COMPENSATION: Base salary $85,000 plus well-paid overtime, very generous bonus, medical benefits, transit, all firm amenities, generous PTO, 401K w/match, exceptional work environment and firm culture. A "Best Employer". Beautiful offices in an ideal location in a prime 'A" building.
LOCATION: Mineola, NY (Long Island, NY)
SUMMARY: The Legal Secretary will provide high-quality client and attorney support, performing administrative tasks, coordinating events and responding to inquiries from Firm clients. Having the confidence and skills to support a fast-paced Partner's desk is essential. Someone who has the desire to work as a member of a respected firm. You'll work well-paid overtime and take your career to the next level, with one of America's finest law firms.
- Provide executive level legal support to Managing Partner, Senior Partner and team
- Function with autonomy and work on special projects with each case and client
- Handle complex Legal activities (may be highly confidential and require discretion)
- Performs research as directed by attorneys
- Interface and establish ongoing positive business relationship with clients
- Communicate effectively on busy telephone lines with courtesy
- Assist in the preparation of time-keeping, travel, expense reports and other personnel records;
- Draft and proofread correspondence, court papers and other legal and non-legal documents; perform blacklining and redlining; create table of contents and table of authorities
- Schedule and arrange meetings and conferences with conference services, catering services and the audiovisual departments
- 2+ years of executive level support in a professional law firm to a Partner, Sr. Partner or Managing Partner.
- Ability to work well-paid overtime on a regular basis, excellent attendance and punctuality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively and diplomatically
- Ability to remain calm and function under pressure in a constantly changing environment with highly confidential information
- Ability to collaborate with all levels and multiple departments
- Detail oriented with strong day-to-day organizational skills
- Ability to be proactive, prioritize work and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- A person seeking long-term career stability, security and growth with a major international law firm and attorney.