Legal Secretary (Corporate)
BENEFITS: Base salary up to $95K, Plus Paid Overtime, PTO, Bonus, 401K, Medical Dental & Vision Coverage, Life and AD&D Insurance, Retirement Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, Transit Program and more!
LOCATION: New York, NY (hybrid – remote)
THE ORGANIZATION: Top-Ranked Law Firm
SUMMARY: Top-ranked law firm is seeking a Corporate Secretary with the confidence and technical skill set to support a fast-paced practice group. Someone who has a willingness to work hard as a member of their team and desire to take their career to the next level!
- Provide high quality secretarial, word processing and administrative support to Partners and team of Associates
- Communicate regularly with service departments, attorneys and clients at offices across the world
- Act as gatekeeper and liaison, tracking all requests, calls and outstanding matters
- Perform calendar management for all assigned attorneys; scheduling meetings, conference calls, travel, appointments, depositions, due dates, court appearances, etc.; anticipate, identify and resolve potential issues
- Create, edit and proofread correspondence and legal documents for content, grammar, spelling and formatting
- Assist with word processing of documents including but not limited to developing table of contents/table of authorities and applying firm styles/formatting
- Manage billing and timekeeping; track and input attorney time and data, review invoices and statements and collaborate with billing/accounting department regarding processing and payments
- Update and maintain accurate client contact information and filing systems
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks including but not limited to photocopying, printing, preparing letters, notes, documents, etc.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of the policies and procedures of the firm in order assist with queries
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- 3+ years of corporate support in a law firm or professional services environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly adaptable and extremely intelligent, professional and articulate
- Great ability to make sound, decisive decisions and act accordingly
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 words per minute
- Expert calendar management skills