POSITION: Legal Communications Manager – Law Firm Public Relations – Directory and Award Submissions
COMPENSATION: Base salary up to $130,000, commensurate with experience, plus yearly performance-based bonus, generous vacation package, 401K plus match, Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage, Life and AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition reimbursement, Corporate Gym Memberships and more!
LOCATION: Midtown – New York, New York
THE ORGANIZATION: Major International Law Firm
OVERVIEW: Candidate should enjoy writing, researching and print journalism. The ideal candidate has experience in project management and in leading a team. The Communications Manager will be responsible for promoting attorneys through print publications (directory, award, honor and legal surveys).
- Manage firm’s award, directory, honor and survey submission programs
- Standardize all nomination and submission processes and think “big picture” in designing, executing and evaluating submissions, rankings, directories, etc.
- Design, write and/or copy edit directory, ranking, league table and survey submissions
- Edit and proofread attorney-authored articles, biographies and practice descriptions
- Create and manage a comprehensive calendar of ranking publications, directories, surveys and awards due dates and requirements
- Track and maintain submissions database for use in analyzing and identifying trends and creating future strategy
- Research trends and analyze peer firm directory and awards participation and marketing efforts
- Spearhead the development of and participation in firm recognition initiatives, including and not limited to, major firm wins, diversity & inclusion and corporate responsibility
- Collaborate with Partners, stakeholders, media contacts/editors and team members to identify, research and analyze practice highlights, awards, wins and accomplishments
- Identify best practices and provide guidance to colleagues globally
- Build relationships within specific practices in order to best advance marketing goals
- Assist team members with other public relations and marketing initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Marketing or related field; MBA or JD a plus
- 5+ years of marketing and communications experience – law firm required
- Experience working Chambers, Legal 500, Law 360 and other lists and awards
- Highly strategic and creative with demonstrated success in raising brand recognition
- Superior writing and interpersonal skills; candidate must enjoy writing and research
- Superior proofreading, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Programs