Law Firm Client Billing Analyst – Remote to Start
Elite or Lawson or Aderant or Clio Billing Exposure Desired
4 to 5 Years of Legal Billing or Billing Accounting Experience Required
Salary & Benefits
Base to $70,000 and Well Paid Overtime, Plus Bonus. All Medical, Dental Vision Coverage; Generous Paid Time Off; 401K w/match; Transit; All firm Amenities and additional benefits discussed in your welcome package during onboarding. Ideal to All Transit.
Location Washington, D.C.
- Perform client billing and collection activities for assigned clients in a timely manner
- Monitor aging of unbilled fees for assigned partners and/or clients
- Monitor and manage outstanding accounts receivable, unapplied funds and collection efforts
- Meet with the Billing Manager, Senior Billing Coordinators, and/or partners to discuss monthly billing, outstanding invoices and strategy for collections
- Generate Proformas for each assigned partner at the beginning of each month, after the time entry deadline
- Prepare billing packages for each assigned partner (i.e. draft cover letters, invoices, etc.)
- Review Proformas for misallocated time and ensure time entries are in accordance with client policy
- Communicate new/changes in client policies to timekeepers
- Edit draft invoices based on partners’ mark-up, including: Write-offs, in accordance with firm policies/procedures
- Time/cost transfers; investigate the appropriateness of where entries should be billed
- Time entry narrative changes with respect to additions, corrections, deletions
- Verify client-specific rate accommodations and if necessary, apply approved discounts to the face of the invoices; keep track of volume discounts based on thresholds reached
- Pull back-up of costs to include with final invoices based on a client’s billing requirements
- Generate billing variance reports and write-off reports; acquire appropriate write-off approvals based on write-off amount thresholds
- E-Billing and prepare electronic invoices in LEDES; submit electronic invoices to clients via their designated electronic billing system and verify successful submissions
- Establish working relationships with e-billing site vendors; make certain all timekeepers and rates are up-to-date on the sites; submit timekeepers and rates for approval as needed
- Ensure three-way communications between e-billing site, client and the Firm (as the e-billing site processes invoices based on the Clients’ Outside Counsel Billing Guidelines)
- Track status of bills submitted, identify issues, and work to address rejections and reductions as they arise
- Monitor payment of assigned clients’ accounts receivable and coordinate collection efforts
- Collaborate with Billing and Collection Committee members and/or Financial Managers to coordinate billing and collection efforts
- Provide assistance to partners and clients regarding outstanding and/or short paid invoices
- Communicate situations as they arise that may require follow-up, such as rate issues, delays in billing, difficult requests, etc.
- 4 to 5+ years of previous client billing or client billing accounting experience in a law firm or professional services organization
- IP Billing Experience a huge plus!
- Working knowledge of MS Office with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Experience with Elite Enterprise Electronic Billing System or Abacus or PROLAW or Lawson or Aderant or Clio
- Perform all job duties with a commitment to providing superior service to clients and attorneys while producing a high quality work product. The ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to work effectively within a team environment, as well as independently. The ability to adapt to new assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment is required.
- Noted opportunities to expand responsibilities, grow and progress within the Billing Services function are available for individuals based on strong performance and the desire to grow. The firm is noted as offering career growth, stability and security as one of the most desired law firms to work for in the world.
Please provide your resume for consideration. Thank you