IP Litigation Paralegal
Location: New York, New York
The Organization: Large U.S. Based Multinational Law Firm
Salary & Benefits: Base salary up to 80K; Generous paid overtime and bonus; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Transit Program; generous Paid Time Off; 401K w/match; Life Insurance; exceptional culture.
Summary: Seeking a paralegal to support a busy Global IP practice. Candidate must be willing to work independently in a fast-paced, corporate environment. Well-paid overtime can be anticipated.
- Conduct IP searches using databases such as SAEGIS, the USPTO, USCO, and WIPO
- Conduct IP searches, using and understanding firm library databases
- Manage internal and external communication with clients, attorneys and IP Department globally
- Review transactional information related to company business, including acquisitions, divestitures, and important markets ahead of major transactions
- Review IP disclosure schedules
- Conduct due diligence and draft memoranda on diligence
- Draft, proofread and oversee communication and correspondence, written and electronic
- Maintain client files in an organized fashion; communicate with clients on outstanding matters and providing necessary information and materials to client at any given time
- Use word-processing functions for document preparation, including TOC’s / TOA’s and formatting according to USPTO and firm policies
- Maintain current knowledge on client matters as it pertains to active IP litigation
- Maintain IP filing system; utilize iManage document management system for easy organizing and retrieval of pertinent case information
- Draft documents outlining searches conducted
- Draft and prepare physical and digital filings, dependent on which IP office is receiving them
- Assist with processes involving foreign patents and trademarks.
- Maintain excellent organization, in order to facilitate record-keeping of past searches and status charts.
- File paperwork to the Secretary of State on behalf of clients
- Assist attorneys with drafting closing checklists and documents
- 4+ years IP Paralegal experience required
- Knowledge of USPTO and TTAB rules preferred
- Familiarity with international (European) filing procedures, drafting correspondence, and conducting due diligence reviews of intellectual property
- Excellent written and verbal skills