Human Resources Supervisor
Location: Palo Alto, CA
The Organization: Global Law Firm in every major global capital and business center
Salary & Benefits: Base salary up to $135K; Generous bonus and 401K match structure; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Transit Program; generous Paid Time Off; Life Insurance; exceptional culture.
Summary: Seeking an HR Supervisor to consult and lead a busy Human Resources department at a well-established and prestigious firm. Candidates must be willing to work independently in a fast-paced, corporate environment. This role will include advising organizational development, staff recruitment, employee engagement and compensation and will work closely with benefits and policy/procedure administration.
- Collaborate with senior managers to provide counseling and employee relations activities
- Provide well thought out recommendations to stakeholders regarding policies and process changes
- Plan, establish budget, and launch employee functions
- Take partners with HR, Benefits, and Payroll departments to administer leave management practices
- Oversee yearly performance reviews and partner with management team regarding compensation and bonus review
- Administer the firm’s Summer Associate/University program, mapping out training, resources, and developing the program
- Provides up-to-date understanding of labor market developments and makes salary suggestions for new employees, transfers, and promotions. Provide intelligence regarding internal and external pay analysis.
- Spearheads office well-being programs in partnership with Assistant Director of Well-Being
- Collaborate with hiring managers to identify strong candidates and create accurate job descriptions. Coordinate interviewing and qualification process.
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding programs, including internship programs and hiring of assistants for the firm
- Participates in the exit interview process for employees, as well as maintaining and sharing the results of exit interviews. Support senior management with analyzing exit data and analyzes findings.
- Use HR systems and reports to analyze data and provide insight into employee satisfaction, recruitment, retention, and development.
- Participates in yearly audits of job descriptions, internal procedures, and documentation to verify that duties are accurate, consistent, and that FLSA standards are met.
- Ensure accurate data in HRIS system as it relates to employee profiles and attendance
- 10+ years Human Resources / Training & Development / Recruitment experience required
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Experience with Workday HRIS
- Knowledge of practices and trends within the HR industry
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws
- Microsoft Office familiarity, including Excel and Word; with the ability to learn new software quickly
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and writing
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities