HR Benefits & Compensation Analyst (Workday)
Location: San Francisco, CA | Palo Alto, CA (remote to start!) – work from any Bay office!
The Organization: Top-ranked Silicon Valley based Multinational Law Firm
Salary & Benefits: Base salary up to $115K with generous bonus; Medical and Dental Coverage; Transit Program; generous Paid Time Off; 401K w/match; Life Insurance; exceptional culture.
Summary: The Benefits & Compensation Analyst handles the total rewards functions firmwide for more than 1,000 employees across the US. Reports to the Compensation, Benefits, and HR Systems Director as well as works closely with the Firm’s Wellness and Benefits Manager. This person will play an integral role in the development and administration of the Firm’s incentives and benefits programs.
- Handle analytical and administrative support for benefit plans
- Provide up to date understanding of health/wellness, retirement, leaves and new plans/plan changes
- Administer benefits filings including ACA Forms 1094-C, 1095-C, HCSO, etc.
- Perform auditing, reconciliation and administration of benefits enrollments, vendor premium payments, 401k contributions, and vendor records/reports
- Maintain data integrity through proper benefits invoicing and auditing
- Support with audit and processing of new benefit elections
- Assist HR team with annual open enrollment and plan renewal processes
- Address employee questions pertaining to benefit/compensation matters
- Perform regular ad hoc reporting and analysis on the following: claims analysis, financial data, annual enrollment, and quarterly experience
- Prepare for annual reviews/bonuses by auditing compensation worksheets for upper management approval
- Analyze intelligence based off the market and provide competitive and appropriate salary recommendations for positions and promotions
- Review job descriptions and consult hiring managers on appropriate pay grade, exempt status, etc
- Support with compensation benchmark surveys
- Maintain staff pay ranges, updating as needed
- 5+ years experience in compensation/benefits
- Familiarity with Workday
- Microsoft Office proficiency with strong Excel knowledge
- Highly organized with strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and navigate tight deadlines while taking ownership over tasks big and small