POSITION: Financial Analyst
LOCATION: New York, NY
COMPENSATION: Base salary commensurate with experience; Paid Time Off; 401K; Travel; generous bonus, benefits including Medical and Dental Coverage and more!
OVERVIEW: Seeking a highly motivated and ambitious Financial Analyst looking to develop a long-term career within the Financial Analysis department of a well-established law firm. This position provides support to the Financial Planning and Analysis group.
- Responsible for preparation and maintenance of expense allocations to ensure alignment with profitability model
- Conducts financial modeling, forecasts, variance analysis and data analysis and interpretation of impact on business
- Participates in preparing, organizing and distributing Firm Revenue and other crucial strategic planning models to department leads and stakeholders
- Present financial data for internal and external stakeholder reporting
- Partner with external departments and executive management team and administrative departments on ad hoc projects, query, business intelligence and data management
- Collaborate with IT department on implementation, testing and support of the Partner Dashboard
- Assist in preparation of and roll out of department expense budgeting tool and presents capital budget reports
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Mathematics
- CPA licensure and background in a law firm or financial services environment is a plus!
- 3+ years of accounting/financial reporting, modeling or analysis experience
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of profitability and financial statements
- Familiarity with the following systems: SQL, Elite, SSRS Reports, Alp Custom Reports, iManage, Outlook, Jabber, Adobe Acrobat
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize competing demands under tight deadlines
- Highly proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary