Director of Financial Reporting & Analysis
Location: New York, NY
The Organization: Top U.S. Based Multinational Law Firm
Benefits: Salary depending on experience up to $250K base. Great firm culture with top firm amenities. Medical, Dental, Vision, Transit, 401K w/ competitive match, PTO, and much more!
Summary: Top-ranked global law firm is seeking a Director of Financial Reporting to manage a group of financial analysts. This role reports directly to the CFO and oversees the firm’s Client, Practice Group, and Operational Reporting teams. The position works closely with Accounting, Finance, Billing and Collections departments to provide insight into the firm’s financial results.
- Regularly work with and develop relationship with executive leadership and partners
- Lead team of 2-3 managers and 10 Reporting Analysts / Sr. Analysts
- Act as a business partner, consulting senior members of the Global Finance Team
- Provide mentorship to develop and retain strong finance team and provide recommendations and development plans for team improvement
- Prepare and implement timely internal financial reports, including key committee and partner presentations as well as analysis of major findings and trends to support presentations
- Oversee the yearly budget preparation for the firm (directed by the Operational Reporting Manager), which includes staffing numbers, leverage, billable hours, bill rates, billings, realization and timekeeper turnover, revenue forecast, operational costs, capital expenditures, and net profitability.
- Participate in the budget presentation to stakeholders
- Organize pro forma analysis for strategic plans such as office openings and employment of lateral partner
- Oversee the finance response to major RFPs, including consulting on pricing, billing rates and other finance matters
- Evaluate and create processes for client reporting
- Identify and prepare for evolving stakeholder needs, as well as ensuring that these groups have access to essential information to operate efficiently
- Bachelor’s Degree required (MBA preferred)
- 5+ years of high level management experience in a law firm or financial services industry
- Knowledge of practice areas and client analysis
- Exposure to domestic and international accounting and financial analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with executives on plan and execution of strategic goals
- Distinguished leadership qualities and superb communication skills