Corporate Paralegal (Mergers & Acquisitions)
Location: New York, New York
The Organization: Large U.S. Based Multinational Law Firm
Salary & Benefits: Base salary up to $80K; Generous paid overtime and bonus; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Transit Program; generous Paid Time Off; 401K w/match; Life Insurance; exceptional culture.
Summary: Seeking a Corporate Paralegal in Chicago, Illinois to support a team of attorneys across all aspects of M&A and Private Equity practice work. Candidate willing to work independently in a fast-paced, corporate environment. Well-paid overtime can be anticipated.
- Manage and maintain corporate filings and documentation records
- Maintain confidential client information and case management software; improve workflow regarding storage and recall of materials
- Oversee IPO transaction tasks, including: draft checklists, attend due diligence meetings, proofread legal documents and coordinate site visits
- Create and proofread agreements for content, accuracy and format
- Prepare deal documents, including: disclosures, exhibits, SEC filings, questionnaires, financing statements, cusip number applications, purchase agreements and merger agreements
- Files UCC statementsHandles incorporation and certificate of formation in Delaware, as well as working with corporate service providers to maintain compliance with filing deadlines
- Handles sensitive documents, such as stock certificates and other securities, in addition to maintaining stock ledgers
- Provide pre-closing, closing and post-closing assistance
- Conduct non-legal and legal research; perform due-diligence
- Prepare correspondence, audit letters responses, working group lists and closing checklists
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of Corporate Paralegal experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong research skills; utilizing legal research software Westlaw, LexisNexis, PACER, SEC/EDGAR, etc.
- Great communication skills written and verbal
- Travel for casework