Conference Services Coordinator
Location: New York, New York
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. or Monday – Friday 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Compensation: Base salary up to $70,000 (plus paid overtime!)
Benefits: Major Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K plus match, PTO off and sick days, FSA, Transit program and more!
Summary: A major law firm is looking for an upbeat, responsible and professional Conference Services Coordinator to join their team. Ideal candidates will have excellent communication, solid multitasking and organizational skills, a proactive work ethic and demonstrate a high level of initiative and discretion.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all clients, employees and visitors entering and calling the firm; direct to the appropriate employee for specific needs
- Operate telephones; screen and direct calls to appropriate parties
- Schedule meetings, including booking conference rooms and disseminating special requests to catering
- Responsible for making proper event arrangements in regard to food and beverage provisions, facility organization and equipment requirements
- Maintain knowledge of firm-wide meetings and events in order to properly direct attendees in a timely manner to meeting location
- Assist staff and clients with all requests, including car and travel reservations, etc.
- Meet and greet visitors entering the firm and direct to scheduled conference room or other location
- Be prepared to supply and organize all necessary arrangements for all firm events
- Researches and creates air-lift studies for domestic and international events
- Handle conference call requests accurately and in a timely manner
- Perform conference room checks to ensure reservation requests are met prior to scheduled meetings
- Build and maintain a database of service providers that may be utilized for various Firm events
- Maintain knowledge of staff and attorney whereabouts in and out of the firm
- Maintain a polished appearance of reception area at all times, including up-to-date desk instructions
- Master organizational processes, workflows, policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years reception, administrative or customer service experience in a fast-paced law firm or corporate environment
- Experience with WebEx and Microsoft Office Products is preferred
- Ability to grasp and utilize CVET, an event software, for event successfulness
- Capability to use and connect basic A/V equipment
- Strong desire to work within the legal sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- Strong customer-service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and multiple shifting priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment and able to be effective within a team