Complex Real Estate Paralegal
COMPENSATION: Base salary to $100,000 plus Paid Overtime, Performance-based Bonus; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Paid Time Off; 401K; Life and AD&D Insurance; Savings Accounts and more!
LOCATION: New York, New York
A large, stable, internationally recognized law firm is seeking a Real Estate Paralegal with a desire to join a prestigious, well-renowned firm in their Midtown Manhattan Offices. This real estate paralegal will assist attorneys with matters related to the acquisition and financing of capital assets, including real property, equipment and major capital improvements. This position is for a Real Estate Paralegal who is seeking stability, security and career growth with a substantial firm.
- Assist with all phases of commercial real estate, including sale, exchange, purchase, development, construction financing and refinancing, leasing, syndication and local and federal regulation
- Order, review and file title reports, surveys, settlement statements, lien searches, and exceptions documents
- Assist in preparing title affidavits, escrow direction letters, and transfer tax forms
- Preparation of initial drafts of mortgages and mortgage amendments, deeds, estoppels and similar documentation
- Preparation of UCC filings
- Draft and review contracts, deeds, leases, purchase and sale agreements, estoppels and SNDA’s
- Collaborate with title insurance agencies and outside counsel to coordinate title searches and clearances and resolve any issues prior to extending commercial loan title policy
- Obtain and review UCC reports and assist in resolution of security interest issues
- Handle the preparation and maintenance of closing checklists
- Draft and assemble closing documents and prepare closing binders
- Review closing documents for accuracy regarding prorated taxes and closing and settlement costs
- Maintain files, databases, and records for owned and leased real estate, equipment, bonds, loans, etc.
- Conduct extensive research for real estate property records and general financial and tax information related to local governmental entities and corporations
- Review officer’s certificates, resolutions, organizational documents, and other due diligence materials
- 3+ year of complex commercial real estate paralegal experience within a law firm, insurance company or financial services institution
- Bachelor's Degree with good academics is preferred
- Paralegal certificate is a plus
- Background with energy, oil, & gas leases is a plus!
- Microsoft office proficiency
- Knowledge of tax-exempt and taxable financing related to real estate transactions would be a big plus but will train a person with 1 year of real estate paralegal experience and strong academics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of staff