Location: Boston, MA | New York, NY | Washington, DC
Company: Top International Law Firm
Compensation: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, Dental and Vision Coverage; generous Paid Time Off; Competitive 401K with firm contribution; and much more!
Overview: Seeking a customer-service oriented Collections Manager with strong communication skills and experience with 3E and ARCS applications. This position reports to the CFO of the Firm and is responsible for the maximization of cash flow through the maintenance of the Firm’s receivables.
- Provide analysis of client accounts receivable trends, anticipating challenges, offering solutions and providing updates to firm management when necessary
- Manage day-to-day collections tasks such as following up with clients regarding past-due accounts, resolving disputes, and handling account escalations
- Oversee the collections processes and develop solutions that enhance efficiency
- Collaborate with client and Billing Partners to review accounts that need follow up and intervene when necessary
- Connect with partners and other managers to develop payment solutions and escalate action items
- Negotiate client settlements with advice and consent of Billing Partner, CFO and Chair of Finance Committee
- Implement payment solutions while communicating with pricing and client accounting teams to keep them in the loop
- Execute account reconciliations
- Oversee unapplied payments and aged accounts
- Provide backup support to other departments as necessary
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the CFO or Director of Finance.
- 5+ years experience in law firm collections and/or accounts receivable; experience in a large law firm is a plus!
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Experience with law firm accounting software such as 3E and ARCS
- Able to manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously, with a strong ability to prioritize, organize and work effectively with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Able to maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Negotiation skills and collection techniques