Law Firm Billing Coordinator
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA (near Union Square)
BENEFITS: Base salary to $80,000 (based on experience) and well paid Overtime, Plus Bonus; competitive Medical, Dental Vision Coverage; Generous Paid Time Off; 401K w/ match; Transit reimbursement; All firm Amenities and additional benefits discussed in your welcome package during onboarding.
- Perform billing and collection activities for assigned clients in a timely manner
- Monitor aging of unbilled fees for assigned partners and/or clients
- Monitor and manage outstanding accounts receivable, unapplied funds and collection efforts
- Meet with Accounting team to discuss monthly billing, outstanding invoices and strategy for collections
- Generate Proformas for each assigned partner at the beginning of each month, after the time entry deadline
- Prepare billing packages for each assigned partner (draft cover letters, invoices, etc.)
- Review Proformas for misallocated time and ensure time entries are in accordance with client policy
- Communicate new/changes in client policies to timekeepers
- Draft invoices based on partners’ mark-up, including: Write-offs, in accordance with firm policies/procedures
- Perform time entry narrative changes with respect to additions, corrections and deletions
- Verify client-specific rate accommodations and if necessary, apply approved discounts to the face of the invoices; keep track of volume discounts based on thresholds reached
- E-Bill and prepare electronic invoices in LEDES; submit electronic invoices to clients via their designated electronic billing system and verify successful submissions
- Track status of bills submitted, identify issues, and work to address rejections and reductions as they arise
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1+ years of previous client billing or client billing accounting experience in a law firm or professional services organization
- Working knowledge of MS Office with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Experience with Elite Enterprise Electronic Billing System or Abacus or PROLAW or Lawson or Aderant or Clio is preferred
- Perform all job duties with a commitment to providing superior service to clients and attorneys while producing a high quality work product
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to work effectively within a team environment, as well as independently. The ability to adapt to new assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment is required.
- Noted opportunities to expand responsibilities, grow and progress within the Billing Services function are available for individuals based on strong performance and the desire to grow. The firm is noted as offering career growth, stability and security as one of the most desired law firms to work for in the world.
For similar accounting, finance and legal jobs in top law firms please visit: https://tripointsearch.com/jobs/category/accounting-finance/