POSITION: Benefits Specialist – Remote to start!
LOCATION: New York, NY
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Base salary up to $90K, including generous paid overtime, plus Bonus, Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, generous vacation and sick/personal days, paid holidays, 401K, and more!
ORGANIZATION: Top Ranked International Law Firm
SUMMARY: The Benefits Specialist will provide direct support to the Benefits team and report to the Benefits Manager. This role will assist in the administration and management of the global benefits program.
- Assist in the on-boarding process of all new hires (professional staff and attorneys)
- Prepare and draft open enrollment presentations, with relevant enrollment package information
- HRIS data entry: enrollments and changes to information
- Answer HR questions regarding benefits, enrollments, compliance, changes, etc.
- Track and maintains COBRA participants
- Maintain vendor information – Medical, Dental, Vision benefit plans, etc.
- Track Disability payments from vendor
- Compliance tasks: track and send out required DOL materials to new hires
- Assist benefits team with projects
- Ensure up-to-date literature on employee benefits: brochures, website, etc.
- Work with Benefits Manager on retirement plan administration and audits
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all employees to answer questions regarding benefits, enrollments, changes, etc.
- Track leave administration
- Participate in ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years experience in benefits or related field
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, HRMS, Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of NYS leave laws, U.S. benefit regulations, plan management (HIPAA, PPACA, COBRA, Section 125, ACA)
- Familiarity with Workday preferred
- Strong knowledge of HRIS
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain professionalism at all times
- Able to diplomatically and tactfully handle confidential/sensitive information
- Able to practice strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Able and willing to conduct thoughtful analysis while problem-solving