POSITION: Attorney Professional Development Manager
ORGANIZATION: Multinational Law Firm
LOCATION: New York, NY
HOURS: Monday – Friday, 9:30AM – 5:30PM (Hybrid Schedule)
BENEFITS: Competitive base salary, bonus structure, Medical and Dental Coverage; Paid Time Off; great 401K match; desirable location in Manhattan, rated top law firm to work for, onsite cafeteria, excellent firm culture and perks, plus more!
SUMMARY: The Attorney Professional Development Manager will manage a full range of professional development and staffing activities for the Antitrust practice area. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of professional development experience and a JD.
- Build professional relationships with associates to support their professional aspirations, experiences, strengths, development needs, and relevant personal circumstances
- Develop rapport and build trust and credibility with partners and counsel
- Oversee associate development and follow-up on development plans in accordance with practice areas goals and objectives
- Coordinate the feedback evaluation process for associates and counsel
- Partake in shaping and administering the training curriculum for the practice area including developmental courses and required CLE programs
- Partner with DE&I to support the practice group with inclusion initiatives
- Assist partners with assigning attorneys to ensure a fair level of utilization and gain exposure to working with a variety of partners and on a diverse set of matters.
- Track utilization figures across the practice group and prepare and disseminate weekly reports to partners
- Oversee vacation schedules to ensure adequate coverage plans are in place
- Organize and present data to the practice leader including distribution of workload, review statuses, and missing time
- 3+ years of legal career counseling experience
- J.D. preferred with practice experience with the FTC and antitrust matters
- Professional coaching and/or counseling experience preferred
- Proficient in viDesktop, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and comfortable working in web-based databases/software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to build professional relationships and to work with individuals at all seniority levels
- Strong analytical skills with ability to balance short and long term priorities and goals
- Team-oriented and willing to work on other projects as needed