Senior Alternative Investments Asset Management Paralegal
Location: New York, New York | Washington, D.C.
The Organization: Large U.S. Based Multinational Law Firm
Salary & Benefits: Base salary up to $140K; Generous paid overtime and bonus; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; Transit Program; generous Paid Time Off; 401K w/match; Life Insurance; exceptional culture.
Summary: Seeking a Senior Asset Management Paralegal in New York, New York to support a team of attorneys across all aspects of Asset Management. Candidate willing to work independently in a fast-paced, corporate environment. Well-paid overtime can be anticipated.
- Maintain investment funds database, including uploading client fund documentation and populating database fields
- Receive and organize documentation of fund launches and fund-related transactions
- Conduct database searches
- Manage spreadsheets to track fund activity, term changes and side letters and other information. Prepare and circulate client and fund reports
- Maintain client communication regarding funds
- Proofread, draft and finalize legal documents for sense and format
- Review, finalize and create fund offering documents
- Prepare presentations of documents; produce specialized documentation (e.g., structure charts, spreadsheets refund data, etc.)
- Oversee closings of funds
- Research and prepare documentation for replacement of fund officers
- Prepare Form ADV updates
- Manage fund database
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of Fund Formation or Alternative Investment paralegal / legal assistant experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong research skills
- Great communication skills written and verbal
- Travel for casework if needed