POSITION: Accounts Receivable / Collections Analyst
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA | New York, New York (Remote to start)
COMPENSATION: Base salary up to $100K; Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; generous Paid Time Off; Competitive 401K with firm contribution; and much more!
OVERVIEW: Seeking a customer-service oriented Collections Analyst to provide top of the line service support to the firmwide accounts receivable team to aid with client collection needs. This position consists of providing collections guidance to ensure timeliness and accuracy of all payments due to the firm, minimizing risk of losses. This position involves a high level of customer support to ensure a positive experience for the firm’s clients.
- Provide analysis of client accounts receivable trends, anticipating challenges, offering solutions and providing updates to firm management when necessary
- Manage day-to-day collections tasks such as handling account escalations, disputes resolution, adherence to payment terms, and entering of concise notes regarding the collection status in ARCS
- Determine any concerns in the AR processes and implement solutions
- Partner with client accounting departments to ensure accurate and appropriate follow-up is done on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with partners across various levels of management and departments to review accounts and escalate when necessary
- Implement payment solutions while communicating with pricing and billing teams to keep them in the loop.
- Respond to inquiries and communicate to clients past-due accounts and invoices.
- Execute account reconciliations.
- Perform credit review analyses on clients when necessary
- Oversee unapplied payments and aged trust accounts
- Provide backup support to other departments as necessary
- 5+ years related experience in collections analysis and accounts receivable in a law firm or financial services institution
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Knowledge of Aderant Expert and ARCS software
- MS office proficiency
- Familiarity with electronic billing platforms is a plus!
- Able to manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously, with a strong ability to prioritize, organize and work effectively with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills