Accounting Analyst (Executive Support)
ORGANIZATION: International Law Firm
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Base salary commensurate with experience, Bonus eligible, Medical and Dental Coverage; Paid Time Off; 401K; Savings Accounts; well sought after firm culture and more!
SUMMARY: Top-ranked multinational law firm is seeking a Accounting Analyst to support the Firm's Finance Team, specifically the Executive Accounting and Treasury Management activities. This role will consist of identifying, preparing, and devising alternative strategies to improve departmental efficiency, enhance cost savings, and improve data integrity across the Firm.
- Provide exceptional service to partners by providing accurate and timely information about their capital, loans, distribution, and cash flows
- Foresee and report any possible issues with partner involvement and capital in a timely manner.
- Ensure that partner accounting services are delivered accurately and efficiently
- Review and enhance internal processes and resources on a regular basis to support responsive service delivery.
- Prepare cash flow predictions for partners, as well as annual distribution memos and loan documents.
- Reconcile capital accounts between partners and analyze interest payments on capital loans.
- Calculate partnership share levels and adjustments; allocate profit distributions across the Firm’s partnership for the fiscal year
- Maintain accurate financial records of partnerships, carefully monitoring and reviewing partner offer letters/transition memos and ensuring such agreements are executed properly
- As appropriate, cross-train and take part in other treasury and cash management-related duties and initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting is required
- 5+ years experience partner accounting in a professional services or law firm environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail